Monday, April 4, 2011

#31 “Its medicine, honest…”


Dear Don1001,

The federal government has slowed prosecuting those who use or sell marijuana for medical reasons if they comply with state law. Thank God for states’ rights, since there are 15 states and the District of Columbia that currently allow medical marijuana. Currently I’m huffing medical marijuana in one of the “police states” so I’m a medical outlaw. Trust me, if I didn’t self medicate with marijuana, there would be a body count and there are thousands like me. Men that if they didn’t get stoned, there would periodic meetings with a bail bondsman. Women that would freak-out if they thought their man would stop smoking dope and started drinking. That fact alone makes medical marijuana a necessity. I know of a wife of a very high priced lawyer that lets her husband grow dope in their basement, “because when he grows and smokes dope he’s very even keeled but when he drinks, he’s a type A, World Class asshole. If he’s stoned I can drop 2K on a dress and he giggles, but when he’s drunk, he wants to punch my lights out”. Not to minimize medical marijuana use for Cancer, M.S. or Epilepsy but the best reason for medical marijuana is to keep the homicide rate down, seriously. I don’t know about you knuckle draggers, but when I was tweaked on large amounts of alcohol and meth, you did not want to fuck with me. I was violence wanting to happen. And for some unknown reason, 50 milligrams of methamphetamine, 12 ounces of Jim Beam and a security six .357 magnum (with handle down shoulder holster) go real well with a severely bad attitude. The only good thing about being that tweaked, is that most people give you room and lots of it. There’s something about huge amounts of liquor, a big wad of cash in one pocket and a large caliber weapon in the other pocket that helps you glide through the night. And you walk large until you meet someone that is just as tweaked and just as crazy, and that point, if there is a misspoken word or movement, the violence will be instant and efficient with finality. Which brings us back to the topic of medical marijuana, if you’re stoned, sitting on your couch, watching TV, gun battles usually don’t happen.  You want to lower the violence against women, legalize weed. I guarantee women are much more interesting and funny when you’re stoned and it is easier to daydream when they talk about their girlfriends or relatives. One of my wives would go to Amsterdam with me to do “business” under the guise of her shopping. So we actually had to spend a large amount of time shopping before I could slip away to do what had to be done. The only way I can pretend to shop 7 hours a day is after vaporizing a ½ gram of Benali Crème Hashish from Dutch Flowers Coffee shop and having an American Breakfast at Barney’s. I digressed but the point is that just maybe some people are starting to realize that we have the wrong drugs legalized and maybe throwing people in jail that are trying to help others with their pain is stupid. Yeah big man, maybe the pendulum of sanity might turning from full tilt loco to moderately crazy in a World where they put 20 year old kids in jail for a half gram of weed while corporate raiders steal billions, disrupt the lives of millions and then they get a bonus.

                                                      Self-medicating daily for a reason, Brother Gregory

You can see videos of these sage observations here: http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhum
                                         www.bell-jarboefilms.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brother Gregory would love to hear your thoughts.