Thursday, January 13, 2011

Brother Gregory "The Bunker Letters" #17 Back In The Bunker...

Dear Don1001,
I’ve been up for 48 hours, but I’m back in the Bunker now and I hope that I never have to leave, again. Because after eating, sleeping with and talking with my new found Tea Party pals for the last 48 hours, I’m more convinced now than ever, we are going to have a violent revolution that will fill the streets with righteous indignity and blood. But I’m afraid it will be these true patriots that will end up swinging from the trees because, although well meaning, basically they’re clueless. They want to persecute the people trying to help them as they blindly follow their oppressors. It’s like a mental institution, where the patients lash out at the staff because that’s all they got to hate. And its fear and hate that are the only things that these people really share. So the chance of them getting their Shit together enough to do anything meaningful is slim and none, with Slim getting ready to leave town. Yes I know that it’s an old joke, but so is the notion that the people can take back their government. How can you take back something that you never had in the first place? Marshal McLuhan said, “1984 happened back in the 1930’s just no one noticed.” These people are in love with the fantasy of country that never existed. What were the good the good old days, anyway? Was it the 50’s 60’s and 70’s, when we had segregation, date rape and homophobia? Was it the 80’s when we started our slow and steady descent into rampant materialism? When was this supposed Golden Age? Because the masses are sure as Hell, aren’t waxing nostalgic over the OO’s. As a minor scholar of History, I consider the first decade of the millennia, as being fucked up in truly epic proportions. So what do these people want? After two days of being in the world of the Tea Party people, I still don’t have clue and I suspect neither do they. But fear and loathing is fertile ground for revolution since the early days of the French Republic and so it goes. I have to get some sleep and if I’m lucky, I’ll sleep for three days.
                         Happy to be behind concrete, Brother Gregory

You can view these rants in a form of a Video: http://www.youtube.com/user/Hljarboe?feature=mhum 
                               
                                    
                              www.bell-jarboefilms.com              

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brother Gregory would love to hear your thoughts.